To trek Sherpani Col, East and West Col, one has to have adequate knowledge of basic ice climbing or glacier crossing as it…
- Trip Overview
- Trip Cost Details
To trek Sherpani Col, East and West Col, one has to have adequate knowledge of basic ice climbing or glacier crossing as it goes beyond the standard trekking trails into the glaciers and snowfields. The trek involves crossing glaciers and climbing to three challenging high passes all of them over 19000ft, or 5900m. The trek starts in the foothills of Mt. Makalu in Eastern Nepal and heads to the base camp of Mt. Makalu (8463m). From the Makalu Base camp, Sherpani Col Trek heads North-West to the high passes of East Col (6100+m), West Col (6100+m ), to Mt. Baruntse Base Camp and Amphulabcha Pass (5845m) to arrive at the Mt. Everest’s Khumbu region. As the trek reaches an alpine zone, several nights are spent in the glaciers and isolated camping places. The trek ends at Lukla where the Everest treks start and finish. Three Jewels Adventures ensures this exhilarating trek to be a successful lifetime adventure by employing experienced guides and support staff along with appropriated logistic support.
Brief Itinerary Sherpani Col Trekking
Days 01-02: Kathamndu
Day 03 : Flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Num 1490 mtr
Day 04 : Trekking Sedawa (1460 m).
Day 05 : Trekking to Tashi gaon(2070m).
Day 06 : Trekking to Kauma Danda (3470m).
Day 07 : Trekking to Mumbuk (3570m).
Day 08 : Trekking to Nehe Kharka via Tutu-La pass (4075m).
Day 09 : Trekking to Sherson (4615m).
Day 10 : Trekking to Makalu Base Camp (4800m).
Days 11 -12 : In Makalu Base camp rest, exploration
Day 13: Trekking to French Camp
Day 14: Trekking to East Col High Camp.
Day 15: Trekking to Baruntse basecamp via East Col and West Col (5700m)
Day 16: Trek from Baruntse base camp (5,700m) to Odar Camp.
Day 17: Trekking to Seto Pokhari
Day 18: Trekking to Amphulabcha east camp(5,400m).
Day 19: Cross Amphu Laptsa pass (5,850m) then trek to Amphulapcha west camp
Day 20: Trekking to Chhukung
Day 21: Trekking to Tyangboche.
Day 22: Trek from Tyangboche to Namche bazaar
Day 23: Rest day at Namche Bazaar
Day 25: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Day 26: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 27: Return home or plan more trips
Sherpani Col Trip Cost Includes
- Kathmandu hotel as per itinerary breakfast and taxes,
- One welcome meal with staff,
- Flights from Kathamndu to Tumlingtar and Lukla to Kathamndu
- National Park Entry fee, Local Municipal Entry Fee,
- Tumlingtar to Lukla rekking period : Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and tea or coffee at the time of meal
- One tea break in a day tea or coffee, drinking water (boiled or treated)
- Accommodation: single or double room in local home lodges or Tent as per itinerary
- Tents, Ropes, Harnesses, Snow Ba other shared group equipment
- Porter to carry luggage, extra bag
- Climbing Guide, assistant guide
- Insurance, equipment, bonus, wages for local staff
- Airport pick up and drop
Trip Cost Doesn’t Include
- Hotel change or upgrade if applicable in Kathmandu
- Extra porter if required for a specific purpose such as filming, etc
- Additional day trek charge in the case of itinerary change or dates added
- Your travel, rescue, medical insurances,
- Meals in Kathmandu except for hotel breakfast and welcome meal
- Bottled drinking water, and beverages other than tea / coffee during meals
- Hot shower
- Special meals other than mentioned on printed menu, special desert
- Any meals taken outside the lodge stayed
- Personal expenses such as shopping, tipping, donation, offering, etc
- Anything that’s not mentioned under the cost includes section above