Chulu East or Far East Climbing offers easy to medium-level climbing. Chulu peaks are combined beautiful trek to Manang valley in Annaurna circuit.
- Trip Overview
- Trip Cost Details
Chulu far east (6059 meters), Chulu East(6500 meters) , Chulu Central (6500 meters), and Chulu West (6400 meters) are four attractive peaks in Manang of the famous Annapurna Circuit Trek. Even though all Chulu peaks are in similar altitude ranges, Chulu Far East and Chulu East are considered to be easier and suitable for novice or beginner climbing enthusiasts. Both Chulu Far East and Chulu East share the same base camp. The approach trekking route to Chulu Far East and East follows well known Annapurna circuit trail up to Braga village (if your trek is from Muktinath) or from Ngawal (in the itinerary given below) near Manang. Either from Braga or Ngawal, the trail heads towards base camp leaving permanent human settlement down in the valley. The other two Chulus – Chulu West and Chulu Central are for more experienced climbers and for those two the base camp is in different parts of the valley. Advance camps are separate for each peak. It’s only one day of climbing that starts from the advanced base camp to the summit and back. After completing the climbing, return to Ngawal to catch the jeep back to Kathmandu or Pokhara, or can stay for the Annapurna Circuit trek or Tilicho Lake trek.
Itinerary for Chulu Far East Peak and Chulu East Climbing
Days 01-02 Kathmandu
Day 03 Drive to Dharapani, 9 hours, and sleep at 1960 meters.
Day 04 Trekking from Dharapani to Chame, 3-4 hours and sleep at 2650 meters.
Day 05 Trekking from Chame to Pisang, 6 hours and sleep at 3250 meters.
Day 06 Trekking Pisang – Ngawal (half day rest), 4-5 hours and sleep at 3660 meters.
Day 07 Trekking Nagawal to base camp, 6 hours and sleep in a tent at 5140 meters.
Day 08 Rest day, training, and preparation.
Day 09 High camp set up rest, 3 hours trek, and sleep at 5300 meters.
Day 10 Climbing Day. Return to base camp
Day 11 Extra Day, for bad weather or if needed for anything.
Day 12 Return to Ngawal or trek can be extended towards Annapurna Circuit.
Day 13-14 Return to Kathmandu by jeep via Besishahar (one night stop)
Trip Cost Includes
- Kathmandu hotel as per itinerary breakfast and taxes
- One welcome meal
- National Park Entry fee, Local Municipal Entry Fee
- Climbing permit royalty, Trekking permit
- Flights or ground transportation as per the itinerary
- An experienced Climbing guide from base camp to base camp
- Trekking guide entire trip
- Accommodation on teahouse, local home lodge, or tents as per itinerary twin or single room
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, coffee (during meal times),
- One tea break in a day tea or coffee, drinking water boiled or treated
- Porter to carry luggage, extra bag
- Oxygen supply in the case of big peak climbing expeditions
- Shared equipment such as rope, snow Bar, anchor devices,
- Insurance, equipment, bonus, wages for staff
- Airport pick up and drop
Trip Cost Doesn’t Include
- Hotel change or upgrade if applicable in Kathmandu
- Lodge, hotel upgrade to private bathroom type during the trek
- Extra porter, staff if required for specific purpose
- Additional day trip charge in the case of itinerary change or dates added
- Your travel, rescue, medical insurances.
- Meals in Kathmandu except hotel breakfast and welcome meal
- Bottled drinking water, and beverages other than tea / coffee during meals
- Hot showers which can be bought from local lodges
- Special meals on teahouses other than mentioned on the printed menu, special desert
- Any meals taken outside the lodge stayed
- Personal expenses such as shopping, tipping, donation, offering, etc
- Climbing summit bonus to the guide and assistant guide
- Personal clothing and equipment list will be provided during the booking process
- Anything that’s not mentioned under the cost includes section above